Pavan Duggal, is the Founder & Chairman of International Commission on Cyber Security Law.
Pavan Duggal who is the president of Cyberlaws.Net, has been working in the pioneering area of Cyber Law, Cyber Security Law & Mobile Law. While a practicing Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Pavan Duggal has made an immense impact with an international reputation as an expert and authority on cyber law, Cyber Security Law and e-commerce law.
His empanelment as a consultant to UNCTAD And UNESCAP On Cyber Law And Cyber Crime Respectively, Membership Of The AFACT Legal Working Group Of The UN / CEFAT, Consulting As An Expert With The Council Of Europe On Cyber Crime, Inclusion In The Board Of Experts Of European Commission’s Dr. E-Commerce And His Work As An Expert Authority On A Cyber Law Primer For E-ASEAN Task Force And As A Reviewer For Asian Development Bank Speaks Volumes Of His Worldwide Acceptance As An Authority. Pavan is The President Of Cyberlaw Asia, Asia’s Pioneering Organization Committed To The Passing Of Dynamic Cyber Laws In The Asian Continent. Pavan Is Also A Member Of The WIPO Arbitration And Mediation Center Panel Of Neutrals.
As an internationally renowned Cyber law and Cyber security subject expert, at the world stage during the High-Level Policy Statement delivered by him at the World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) organized by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), UNESCO, UNCTAD & UNDP in Geneva, Switzerland from 25th May – 29th May, 2015 Pavan Duggal has recommended the need for coming up with an #International #Convention on #Cyberlaw & #Cyber Security.
As a thought leader, Pavan has suggested that India requires a new legislation that is wholly dedicated to cyber security.
Pavan Has Been The Member Of The Public Interest Registry’s. Org Advisory Council. He Is A Member Of ICT Policy And Governance Working Group Of The UNICT Taskforce. He Is The Legal And Policy Consultant To Internet Mark 2 Project, Which Is Examining The Next Level Of Internet. He Has Been Invited To Be An Associated Fellow Of The Centre For Asia Pacific Technology Law And Policy (CAPTEL) At Singapore. Pavan Is A Member Of Panel Of Arbitrators Of The Regional Centre For Arbitration, Kuala Lumpur And Asian Domain Names Dispute Resolution Centre At Hong Kong.
Pavan Duggal Is A Panel Member Of Permanent Monitoring Panel For Information Security-World Federation Of Scientists
He Has Been Associated With The Ministry Of Communication And Information Technology, Government Of India On Cyber Law And Electronic Governance Legal Issues. He Is A Member Of Advisory Committee On E-Governance In Karnataka Constituted By The Government Of Karnataka. Pavan Is A Member Of Information Forensic Working Group On E-Information Systems, Security And Audit Association.
Pavan Is A Member Of Multi – Stakeholder Steering Group Of The Asia Pacific Region Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF)
Pavan Heads His Niche Law Firm Pavan Duggal Associates, Which Has Practice Areas, Amongst Others, In Cyber Law, Business Process Outsourcing Law, Intellectual Property Rights And Information Technology Law, Information Security Law, Defence, Biotech And Corporate Law.
While He Has Been A Member Of The Nominating Committee, Membership Advisory Committee And Membership Implementation Task Force OfICANN, Pavan Is Also The President Of Cyberlaws.Net, Which Is Internet’s First Ever-Unique Cyber Law Consultancy.
Some Outstanding Pioneering Work In The Field Of BPO Legal Issues Has Resulted In His Being A Member Of The BPO Steering Committee Of ASSOCHAM. Today, He Advises A Number Of BPO Concerns On Different Legal Issues Relating To Outsourcing. Pavan Was The Chairman Of The Cyber Law Committee Of ASSOCHAM And Works Closely With CII And FICCI.
Pavan is a Regular on The Lecture Circuit. He Has Spoken At Over 1200 Conferences, Seminars and Workshops In The Last Seven Years, And Has Lectured Extensively In Select Law Colleges.
Pavan has authored many books in the field of Cyberlaw, Intellectual Property Rights and E-Commerce. His writings cover various growing areas of concern and trends in the above mentioned fields. He has penned more than 75 books and e-books which include the following:-
- The Law of Convergence – An Analysis
- Cyberlaw In India – An Analysis
- Cyberlaw- The Indian Perspective
- Law of Business Process Outsourcing
- Regulating Spam published
- Data Protection Law
- Mobile Law – 1st Edition
- Mobile Law – 2nd Edition
- ASSOCHAM Handbook “Co-Production & IPR Regime In India”
- Mobile Privacy & Law – eBook
- Cyber Legal Regime In India – eBook
- Cyber Terrorism In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal Viewpoint – eBook
- Indian Digital Law – 12 Years Of Experience – eBook
- Mobile Misuse And The Law – eBook
- Telecom Service Providers & Legal Liability – An Indian Overview – eBook
- Cyber Frauds, Cybercrimes & Law In India – eBook
- Mobile Crime & Mobile Law – eBook
- Mobile Apps & Mobile Law- eBook
- Mobile Banking & Mobile Law- eBook
- Mobile Law & Social Media In India- eBook
- Mobile Payments & Mobile Law- eBook
- Authentication In Mobility – A Legal Viewpoint- eBook
- Child Protection In Mobile Paradigm- eBook
- Confidential Information On Mobiles – Some Legal Issues- eBook
- Crimes In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal Outlook- eBook
- Law Relating To Sensitive Personal Information In India- eBook
- Mobile Law- An International Outlook- eBook
- Mobile Law In India- eBook
- .In Domains And The Law- eBook
- Law Of Contracts & Use Of Mobile Devices – eBook
- Law of Intermediaries in India – eBook
- Intellectual Property Rights In Mobile Ecosystem – A Legal View- eBook
- Legal frameworks on the Electronic Commerce & Intellectual Property Rights in Cyberspace
- Cyber Laws
- Law Relating to iPads, tablets, Smart phones & Smart Devices
- Cyber Crimes and Regulation
- Appification of Society And The Law –eBook
- BYOD And The Law–eBook
- Cloud Computing Legal Issues –eBook
- Textbook on Cyber Law
- Legal Framework on Electronic Commerce & IPR in Cyberspace
- Cyber Law – An exhaustive section wise Commentary on The Information Technology Act along with Rules, Regulations, Policies, Notifications etc.
- Whatsapp Law
- Internet Of Things & Law
- Exploring Intellectual Property Rights In Cyberspace
- TRIPs & Intellectual Property Rights In India
- Electronic Commerce & Cyberlaw – Some Facets
- Electronic Commerce – Some Online Legalities
- Outsourcing Contracts – Some Insights
- Electronic Evidence Law In India- An Overview
- Indian National Cyber Security Policy-A Legal Analysis
- Whatsapp & Indian Cyberlaw
- Judicial and Practical Approaches To Electronic Evidence Law In India
- 3D Printing and The Law
- Social Media & Mobile Law – Some Emerging Challenges
- Wearable Tech & Law
- Electronic Interception Law in India
- Darknet & Law
- The Quest for Cyber Confidence, ITU
- Supreme Court on Indian Cyber law
- Cyber Security Law
- Cyber Security Law- The China Approach
- Cyber Radicalization & Cyberlaw
- Russian Data Localization Law & Cyber Security
- As Cyber Security Law Develops
- Darknet, Anonymity & Law
- Law of Intermediaries
- Blockchain Contracts & Cyberlaw
- Anti-Terrorism Law – Approach In China
- Text Book Cyberlaw 2nd Edition
- Data Protection Law In India
- Rhetoric and reality : the internet challenge for democracy in Asia (Chap-3)
- Mobile Law, 3rd Edn.
- Indian Biometric Identity, Authentication & Law
- Big Data & Cyberlaw- A Basic Primer
- Biometric Crimes – Regulation In India
- Biometric Confidentiality, Security & Indian Law
- Law on Aadhaar
- India’s Demonetization, Cashless Economy & Cyberlaw Challenges
Not only has Pavan Duggal written the above books, he has also contributed chapters on numerous aspects of Cyberlaw and E-commerce in various books which have been edited by other distinguished personalities. Among such books, a few are mentioned below:
- Net Ch@kra published by Digital Empowerment Foundation. Pavan has written a chapter describing the experience of the India in the first decade of the working of its Cyberlaw- The Information Technology Act, 2000 and has also penned the success achieved and challenges faced by the Information Technology Act, 2000 along with the experiences gained in the actual working of the said legislation.
- Cybercrime: the challenge in Asia, Edited by Rodrick Broadhurst and Peter Grabosky published in Hong Kong : Hong Kong University Press, 2005.(http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/toc/9622097359 and https://library.villanova.edu/Find/Record/676086/Details)
- Pavan Duggal has authored a chapter in the book The State, IT and Development published by SAGE Publications Pvt. Ltd (http://www.sagepub.com/books/Book228818/toc)
- He has also authored a chapter in the book Global Mobile-Applications and Innovations for the Worldwide Mobile Ecosystem edited by Peter A. Bruck and Madanmohan Rao (http://books.infotoday.com/books/Global-Mobile.shtml#ixzz2Y3JxZaPQ)
- Pavan Duggal has contributed a chapter in the book on Cybercrime Jurisdictions published by Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology and Society, Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- Pavan Duggal has written 4 units for IGNOU’s course, PGDIS, on Cyberlaw